What to Expect
Your day-to-day contact with Pharmaxo Healthcare will be with a member of our patient services team. They will oversee all aspects of the service we provide and will keep you informed throughout. This includes:
- Managing your prescription fulfilment and arranging for it to be delivered to you at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Keeping your patient records up to date on our systems and those of your hospital or clinic.
When we call you
- The member of the patient services team will explain they are calling from Pharmaxo Healthcare.
- They will ask you two security questions. These may refer to your date of birth, address or phone number. This is to ensure that your patient confidentiality is maintained.
- If you choose, you can nominate an alternative delivery contact such as a neighbour, relative or friend. Please contact us if you wish to do this.
- All Pharmaxo Healthcare deliveries for your homecare treatment will be made to an address specified by you.
- Our delivery driver will have a timed delivery window agreed with you in advance.
- Our deliveries are made in discrete vehicles to ensure confidentiality.
- Once the driver has confirmed your identity and handed over the delivery to you, you will be asked sign your name to acknowledge receipt.
- If, on arrival, the driver finds nobody in at your nominated address, the driver will:
- Wait ~10 minutes for you to return
- Call you or your nominated contact to rearrange the delivery
- Leave a card notifying you of the attempted delivery
If you notice any damage to the packaging of your delivery, please point this out to the driver and they will return in to the Pharmaxo Healthcare Pharmacy and a new delivery will be scheduled. If the contents are required urgently, one of our patient services team will contact your hospital or clinic to make sure you receive the items you need.
If you’re travelling or on holiday
Whilst there may be times when you need to be away from home due to work commitments or your holiday, Pharmaxo Healthcare can still continue to deliver your medicines and related items to your new location in the UK and provide advice for foreign travel.
A first step is for you to contact your hospital or clinic which remains responsible for the care we provide to you. They will contact us and we can then discuss with you putting in place the necessary arrangements.
Pharmaxo Healthcare complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Your personal information is kept strictly confidential at all times. Only specified Pharmaxo Healthcare employees—involved in the provision of your care— have access to your personal details.
From time to time we may ask you to complete a service questionnaire, designed to help us gather feedback on the service we provide and develop ways to improve it. Any surveys we do are anonymous and confidential and are only carried out with the permission of your hospital or clinic.